Almost 90 people gathered in Munich-Dachau. We hope that they represent the diversity of our Network but also they sign as that we have major tasks till our third Assembly. Pendant is the incorporation of more women, transgender people and obviously those groups or countries that could not be present or are waiting for us to get in contact with them. What do you think? Do you notice another trend among this numbers and rates?
A word of thanks and appreciation
- Let us express our gratitude to the Open Society Initiative for Europe who financially has supported the project “Catholics for LGBT Equality” and also our conference.
- The Arcus Foundation also deserve a big thank as the main sponsor of our Assembly. Without them and the support from Randall Miller it would not have been possible to realize it. Unfortunately he had to cancel his participation but sends his warm greetings.
- Another donor who deserves our thanks for a financial contribution is the Archdiocese of Munich-Freising. Each time we walked into the plenary room we have read the sign “sponsored by the Catholic church”.
- This GNRC Assembly got also support from the Global Interfaith Network for People of all Sexes, Sexual Orientations, Gender Identities and Expressions (in short: GIN-SSOGIE) which was represented among us by their Board member Tania Irias from Nicaragua.
- Two participants received a scholarship from the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs which was also helpful in many cases of visa applications.
- The journalist Corinna Mayer, who aided us during the Assembly with Media and PR support.
- And finally we want to thank again the Ecumenical Working Group Homosexuals and Church as well as the Queergottesdienst Munich who both held several collections for supporting participants from Eastern and Southern Europe.